I haven’t posted in a while so I feel an update is needed, especially because there are a few things I haven’t talked about that I should.
1. I don’t think I’ve mentioned this, but ever since Oregon I have gone by a new trail name, Bright Eyes. There were too many Old Schools on trail which was causing a lot of confusion in the registers! I got the name for my positive thinking, however some creative spin offs have been made over the course of my hike.
2. A lot of people have been asking me about wildlife. I’ve only seen one bear and two rattlesnakes, all in Northern California.
3. I have been finding it very hard to blog for many reasons; I don’t have service often, I don’t necessarily enjoy it, I’m too tired by the end of the day to write, I am always trying to conserve my phone battery, and I just don’t have time when I’m in towns. With that being said I do want to be able to look back and read about each day I’ve had on trail, so I am trying my best to write something each day. It’s a great way to keep people updated but it’s a lot of work, especially when I don’t enjoy doing it!
4. Incase you didn’t realize, I decided to go back to thru hiking after a little flip flopping and backtracking! I should have mentioned this much earlier but it has constantly slipped my mind!
5. I have decided to finish my hike with Toto, Colonel and Goutcha, as long as the logistics match up! I have enjoyed every minute hiking with them and it’s been nice to be with a group!
I am currently in Lone Pine right now and continuing South! Thanks to everyone for the constant support, and I’ll try my best to keep this updated when I have the time!